Friday, March 7, 2014

Springing Into Song


The energy of Springtime is rising, despite Winter hanging on and pelting us in the Mid-Atlantic with yet more snow. The new life in and around us is pushing and yearning to see the light of day. It can be frustrating in the darkness before breaking ground to meet the sun's warmth. And aahhhh... the relief when it does!  I felt the rush of joy within me today as I noticed a crocus for the first time, and then saw nearly 20 robins hopping about a patch of grass near a busy intersection. The signs are here....within and without.
Within me, I've noticed the nudges of spring energy and new life. I am giving birth this month to something that has been on my mind for many months: Singing Meditation. I've gone back and forth, up and down, doing my best to discern if this is something to give energy to, and if so... when, where, how? 

The clarity slowly emerged from various experiences in spaces that take me beyond the chatter of my mind to a deeper, heart-centered place. I've paid attention to the times I am most deeply moved, to when my emotions are stirred, and when I feel most alive. For me, that is around singing. I can't deny it or explain it away any more. I am inspired by music, uplifted when I sing, and transported when toning with others during the Deep Resonance sessions I facilitate.



Music expresses that which can not be put into words  
and that which cannot remain silent.     
     ~ Victor Hugo 1802-1885

So, now I am thrilled to introduce a space where we can share the healing power of our voices and silent meditation. You can find more details about it here. Let me be honest about the clarity, though. I'm only clear that, like the recording of my CD several years ago, this is the next step for me to take. I don't know exactly what it will be like or where it is leading. I simply know it's time to spring into song... and I welcome you to join me in the mystery and adventure! (No singing experience or expertise required.)

What is the Springtime energy stirring within you? What is wanting to be birthed in or through you? Let go and allow the gift to emerge--even in the presence of fear and uncertainty.

I'd love to hear about it...and I'm here to support you!

No comments:

Post a Comment